About NLC Miami
NLC Miami is a chapter of a national non-profit, non-partisan organization that prepares and connects the next generation of civic leaders in Miami. Through education, community events, and strategic partnerships, NLC Miami empowers individuals who seek to unlock Miami’s potential. NLC Miami’s premier 5-month leadership development Institute identifies a cohort of talented young professionals, equips them with skills to accelerate their civic and commercial engagement and provides access to a powerful network of peers and mentors.
What is NLC Miami all about?
- NLC Miami is directed by a team of volunteers who care deeply about developing Miami’s next generation of civic leaders.
Annual Training Institute
- Recruits talented and accomplished young professionals from outside of traditional power structures.
- Selects 15-20 Fellows through a competitive process.
- Training sessions enhance the Fellows professional skill set, including fundraising, communications, and marketing
- Fellows receive guidance about personal and career goals from an assigned mentor and their peers.
- Capstone project showcases lessons learned and tangible impact in the community
Community Building & Civic Engagement
- NLC Miami builds a network of changemakers from diverse personal and professional backgroundNLC Miami hosts discussions about pressing issues in our community, such as climate change, transportation, and economic development.
- NLC Miami provides a platform for NLC Fellows and Alumni to be thought leaders in the community.
- NLC Miami partners with organizations that have shared values and aspirations